I started blogging one year ago last Monday. I am sadly a few days late in marking the occasion, but since I actually thought it was today, I hope you’ll forgive me.
A few personal facts about the past year:
- I graduated from college and now work full time. I suppose this makes me a “grown up,” but I’m still not to sure what this means.
- I completed two separate virtual internships in my spare time – one for CAREEREALISM and another for Squidoo. As a result, I was interviewed for a WSJ article (my PR class came in handy!).
- I went to the 2009 New Yorker Summit and the first 140 Characters Conference in NYC and had a blast at both.
A few facts about this blog:
- I’ve published 51 posts and have 21 drafts (most of the drafts will probably never see the light of day, but they’re there).
- Google Analytics tells me the following:
- My three most popular posts (in order) are “Google’s Own Area Code?,” “The Role of Propaganda in Modern Democracy (aka My Colloquium),” and “Social Media Fatigue.”
And a few goals for the next year of blogging:
- Post more uniformly. As you can see above, I averaged almost one post a week for the entire year. I think that’s pretty good, but I know that there are some months where I posted a ton and some where I did not. So I’m going to try to spread out my posting more.
- Write some posts from this list of seed ideas I posted a while back. I’ve got some in draft form, but I’d like to finish a good number of them and get them posted. Right as soon as I remember what they all mean.
- Incorporate more things I find across the web. I have both a Posterous and a Tumblr, which are two super simple posting sites. I’d like to start using one of them more. I was pushing my Posterous posts to this blog (all three of them), but I didn’t quite like the implementation. So I need to work on that too.
- I might also update the design and branding for this. I’m pretty happy with the current design, but I may start looking for something new. And I’m not sure I want to stick with “Jed Cohen’s blog” anymore.
So I guess I should get to work. See you around as this thing heads into its second year!